Sunday, July 11, 2010

Don't leave your silverware in the sun.



We like to eat. We enjoy food. We LOVE breakfast food. We could easily eat it at any time of the day. We could eat pancakes for dinner or French toast for lunch it doesn't matter. We also like spending our mornings off eating breakfast.

This weekend we decided to try Tom's Diner/Folino's on the South Side for breakfast. We left the apartment looking for a place that had outdoor seating and were excited that we were there early enough to have our choice of tables. We chose the table closest to the entrance for no particular reason and looked over the menu. Both us decided on the cinnamon special which consisted of three thick slices of cinnamon French toast, eggs, bacon, and hash browns for $6.99. A pretty good deal in our books.

Meanwhile at the table furthest from the entrance two loud couples sat down. The girls were wearing their finest hooker clothes and the group was ordering shots. It was only 10 AM. Granted I understand I am a handful of years removed from my drinking prime, but come on. But I guess it was ok because they had been drinking since 7 AM. Excellent. We discussed (and mocked) their short dresses and obnoxious conversations. How they were able to drink so much and still walk in heels that would make me the same height as an NBA forward is beyond me.

Now before you start thinking this is going to become a food blog, just remember we love to eat and food will appear in our blog. We, like the rest of the world's internet users, believe our opinion deserves to be heard so we will tell you what we think of food we order. It's only fair.

All of our food arrived and it looked delicious! I eat my food in a very specific order because egg can't touch my ketchup and ketchup cannot touch my eggs. The eggs were cooked just right, the bacon was very good, and the toast was good (it's hard to screw up toast). The French toast was kinda eh. But we're very picky with French toast. Overall definitely a good value for the price. Tune in next post when we critique another restaurant.

  • Dudders

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Crappy and I gave the South Side Tom's Diner a try a while back, and were underwhelmed, by both the food and the service. A few weeks later, I had a chance to eat at Tom's in Dormont, and thought it was MUCH better. Do me a favor -- give the other Tom's a try and let me know what you think. I want to see if it was just me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't force us to eat breakfast food :) We'll definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete