Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer is awesome

Today, I spent my day off at Duddersmom's house. I literally grew up in a village, it is too small to be considered a city or even a borough. Downtown consists of a post office and general store that specializes in all things hunting related. Our house is situated on a little over five acres surrounded by large trees. I love spending time here, plenty of privacy, peace, and quiet (except on Practice Your Hunting Skills Sunday).

We made a trip to our local Lowe's to pick up a new sprinkler for my garden, I mean gardens. I'm very lucky to have a lot of available space to grow all kinds of vegetables and flowers. We walked down the garden hose aisle and found one of those sprinklers that shoots in circles and half circles watering large areas. That's when I saw IT. It was one of those sprinklers that makes the wave back and forth, like fingers made out of water waving left to right. Those sprinklers remind me of spending time at my grandparents house running around and jumping through the fan of water with the neighborhood kids. I made such a big fuss that my mom had no choice but to buy it for me. On our way home we decided it would be a total waste of a summer day if we didn't stop to buy ice cream cones. (We already had the ice cream at home, Giant Eagle, Eddy's 4/$10).

The first thing we did when we arrived home was make two delicious double fudge brownie ice cream cones. There is nothing like sitting outside on warm summer day, enjoying the sun and ice cream. After we inhaled our cones I set up the fun sprinkler. I spent the next half hour putting my hands and feet in the tiny streams, giggling each time the wall of cool water drew nearer. My mom got such a kick out of how much fun I was having. It never ceases to amaze me that the littlest things like ice cream and a sprinkler have the ability to make me so happy! I love summer.

  • Dudders

No comments:

Post a Comment